I live with my husband of almost 34 years, Don, in the North Carolina mountains along with one little princess of a pup—Annabelle, who is a fluffy Welsh Corgi.
We’re both retired and spending time doing things together we both enjoy—photography and traveling.
We both, of course, have individual interests that we pursue on our own. While Donald’s off exploring the world on his motorcycle, I might be reading, writing, or cooking up a big pot of chili.
While we’re not always in agreement on all things, we do agree on what we both believe are life’s most important concerns—trying to live by The Golden Rule and doing no harm to others while accepting no nonsense.
We’re music lovers who have managed to see most of our favorite bands and musicians in concert. We also spend a great deal of time in search of the perfect pizza.
I’m a voracious reader and lover of books, a long-time blogger, an indie author, an amateur photographer, dabbler in mixed media collages, and fiddler of fiber arts. A person who believes creativity is essential to the soul. I’m a collector of “things” pretty and sparkly. I’m opinionated and mouthy, but a marshmallow at heart. Loyal to a fault. And have strong (very strong) political opinions.
Interviews and more
- Kaye’s guest post on Thoughts in Progress
- Kaye’s interview on Lesa’s Book Critiques
- Kaye’s guest post on Mystery Fanfare about Carousels of Paris
- A Hometown Review
- Interviewed by Thelma Straw for The Crime Writers’ Chronicle
- Interview with Janet Rudolph
- Interview with Terrie Farley Moran
- Interview with Lesa Holstine
- Interview with The Stiletto Gang
- Interview with Fiona McVie
- In 2015 I was a finalist in the Southern Writers Magazine short story contest. It’s one of my favorite pieces I’ve ever written. I’d like to share it with you:
Read “Picnics with Aunt Kathryn”
“I am not the same,
having seen the moon shine
on the other side of the world.”
—Mary Anne Radmacher